- Earlier this year we interviewed Katia, founder of Ballet Without Borders, a charity whose mission is to bring ballet to children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Senior Soloist with Queensland Ballet and Bloch Ambassador Lisa Edwards reflects on the many highlights of her journey en pointe over her 18-year professional career.
- For a relatively small body part, we dancers expect a lot of our feet. The role of the foot in dance – perhaps more so than any other part of the body – is both functional and aesthetic. Our poor feet! We push them to the limits of their capabilities, but we expect them to look absolutely fabulous at the same time.
- Today we talked with one of the faces behind the newly launched eNewsletter “AusDancersOverseas” and the accompanying project, launched by Dr Friederike Potreck and her daughter, Stefanie.
Posted on Health & Fitness
- Find out from an industry expert what it takes to create a fabulous dance concert costume.
- Bec sits down with Jacqui Heeney, Australian commercial dancer who's worked with the likes of Beyoncé, Kylie Minogue, One Direction, Rikki Martin, Samantha Jade, Baz Luhrmann, Jessica Mauboy, The Preachers and RÜFÜS! Learn how she got to where she is and what she's up to now in the this episode of Backstage with Bloch.
- Natasha Vujic, one of our 2018 Bloch Artistes is based in our nation’s capital, Canberra specialising in fitness programs and private coaching specifically for dancers. At the age of 25, Natasha is a determined and hard-working teacher sharing her love and passion of dance with the next generation. To add to her busy schedule, she recently started a boutique business - Dance Sculpt. A graduate from WAPPA, Natasha spoke to the Bloch Team about how her attitude around food has evolved.
- Recently Amy Harris, Senior Artist with The Australian Ballet and Bloch Ambassador went on a trip of a lifetime spending time with some of the most highly regarded ballet companies in the work. Her final stop was in New York City with American Ballet Theatre and Amy shared with Bloch all the fun and hard work she got up to in the city that never sleeps.
- Can artistry in dance be taught? Important reading for any teacher and dancer wanting to take their performance and artform to the next level.
- Australia’s national centre for elite vocational classical dance, The Australian Ballet School, produces dancers of the highest calibre for its parent company, The Australian Ballet and companies around the world. As Official Uniform and Performance Partner, Bloch is proud to support these young dancers throughout their education and training.