- Whether your child is dancing for fun, fitness and friendship or is aspiring to a professional career, here’s how you can help him or her thrive in class and on stage this year.
- Is your child starting dancing this year and you are curious to know what to expect at their first dance shoe fitting? Dance writer, Emma Sandall found out the ins and outs from Bloch Fitting Expert and Area Manager for Bloch NSW stores, Karen Matthews. She goes through why a dance shoe fits and feels differently to a street shoe and why it is so important to get fitted correctly.
- Win a VIP School of Rock experience in Melbourne! The most rockin’ shots go in the draw to win a VIP prize of 2 x ‘A’ Reserve tickets, meet some of the cast backstage, backstage tour and overnight accommodation at Rydges Melbourne. Plus runner up tickets to the musical to be won!
Posted on Competitions & Offers
- The core muscles work together in coordinated ways to stabilise and so training them as a group in a range of different postures and movements is a good idea for dancers. The following are some exercises three former ballet dancers turned Pilates instructors prescribe for building good overall strength through your core.
- Earlier this year we interviewed Katia, founder of Ballet Without Borders, a charity whose mission is to bring ballet to children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Senior Soloist with Queensland Ballet and Bloch Ambassador Lisa Edwards reflects on the many highlights of her journey en pointe over her 18-year professional career.
- For a relatively small body part, we dancers expect a lot of our feet. The role of the foot in dance – perhaps more so than any other part of the body – is both functional and aesthetic. Our poor feet! We push them to the limits of their capabilities, but we expect them to look absolutely fabulous at the same time.
- Today we talked with one of the faces behind the newly launched eNewsletter “AusDancersOverseas” and the accompanying project, launched by Dr Friederike Potreck and her daughter, Stefanie.
Posted on Health & Fitness