The Backalast is a garment aimed at improving dancers' posture by providing them with the ability to strengthen their thoracic spine as well as, assist them in finding a neutral position for their head, neck and shoulders.
The Backalast emphasises the importance of a neutral position for the shoulder blades so the dancer can avoid winging, as well as create a firm foundation for the rest of the arm position. The Backalast garment is reinforced with several discreet layers of webbing in order to maximise the awareness around several key postural corrections.
The garment has several elasticated reinforcing panels that sit flush with the back. The first set opens up and broadens the back and provides a firm foundation for the thoracic spine. The second set anchors the arm's so it elevates from the underside, connecting it with the arm reinforcement as it goes down the sleeve.
The final set of panelling is found in the front of the Backalast where the garment opens through the shoulder blades, avoiding protraction as well as opening the front of the shoulder blade and around the rib cage, relaxing a rib flare. The Backalast will enhance the proprioception for the correct muscle activation for optimum posture awareness.
The Backalast is packaged in a reusable enviro bag, with dual hand-held straps with a zipper and magnetic closure. Additional information and benefits are featured on a removable piece of fabric that can be kept for your personal use. Continue your journey in safe dance by studying Progressive Ballet Training online. As a special offer, with the purchase of the Backalast, you can receive one month free of the PBT online training. Visit www.pbt.dance and use the coupon mentioned on the garment tag to claim.
95% Polyester 5% Spandex
Elastic band: 95% Nylon, 5% Nylon Silk
Attach velcro straps together before washing. Gentle cold machine wash separately. Line dry flat in shade. Do not bleach. Do not tumble dry.
Sizing Information - Measure the fullest part of your bust and refer to the information below:
Adult 4: Bust size between 73-78cm / 29-31 inches
Adult 6: Bust size between 79-83cm / 31-33 inches
Adult 8: Bust size between 84-91cm / 33-36 inches
Shipping & Handling
Bloch offers Standard and Priority Shipping to any address in Australia.
For an estimated timeframe for eParcel delivery, please visit the link below and enter your postcode in the ‘TO’ field. Most goods are shipped from 2015, Beaconsfield.
(Free for orders over $150)
Delivers to PO Box
3–5 days from date of dispatch
If unattended the parcel will be left in a safe place
Specify if you do not wish for the parcel to be left
Does NOT deliver to PO Box
1–2 days from date of dispatch
Authority to Leave is standard on ALL parcels
Parcel will be left if unattended
- If you enter the incorrect address, a redelivery fee will apply.
- Business addresses require a business name to be stated.
- Customers will be provided with tracking information once your parcel has been shipped.
- Star Track is unable to deliver to PO Box addresses and therefore all PO Box addresses provided shall be served using Australia Post eParcel.
- If a part of or full StarTrack order is sent directly from a retail store (due to stock availability), this will be sent express with Australia Post
- Bloch will make every effort to deliver on time. However, we shall not be held liable for delayed shipment.
- Delivery times specified are estimates only, delivery to rural addresses may take longer and once shipped Bloch is not liable for any delays. Most parcels are shipped from Sydney NSW, delivery to WA may take longer.
- ATL (Authority to Leave) will be specified for all eParcel unless requested otherwise, the buyer accepts all responsibility for missing packages left by the courier.
- ATL (Authority to Leave) will be specified on all Star Track parcels. By selecting Star Track as your preferred shipping method the buyer accepts all responsibility for missing packages left by the courier.
- Most orders ship within 1-2 business days. There are no shipments on weekends or public holidays.
IMPORTANT - All parcels will default to a signature with authority to leave. A signature will be captured if the customer is home. If not, the customers of freestanding residences who have a safe place to leave the parcel will have their parcel delivered. If the driver does not feel that there is a safe place to leave the parcel, the delivery will be carded and taken to the nearest Post Office to await collection. If you do not wish to have the parcel left in a safe place, please leave a comment in the field provided throughout the checkout process.
Please note that this Bloch online store currently only delivers to Australia and not to international addresses.
For any further enquiries, read our Customer Help FAQ or please click here to contact us.